Kamakura (鎌倉市 Kamakura-shi) is a city in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan, about 50 kilometres (31 mi) south-south-west of Tokyo. Although Kamakura proper is today rather small, it is often described in history books as a former de facto capital of Japan as the seat of theShogunate and of the Regency during the Kamakura Period.
If you want to escape the hubbub of busy Tokyo and want to breathe in the fresh mountain or sea breeze, then this tour to Kamakura is perfect for you! Kamakura offers a lot of world Heritage sights.
We will visit all the famous highlights of Kamakura:
- Hase-dera temple
- Kōtoku-in and its Great Buddha
- The Great Buddha hiking trail (only 2 km)
- Zeniarai Benzaiten Shrine, where visitors go to wash their coins
- Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gū shrine
- Kamakura shopping street (we will not go shopping, but of course if something catches your eye we can make a quick stop along the way)
This tour can also be done by bicycle. An extra charge will be added to cover the rental costs.
If you like to hike and would like to do more than just 2 km, but you also enjoy a bit of culture, please check out our Kamakura hiking tour. It is an excellent mix of a slightly more challenging hike, together with some temples mixed in
Please note that for tours outside Tokyo, the transport costs of both yourself and your guide are not included in the tour price.
For more information or to place a booking email me at [email protected]